SYNDICAT INTERNATIONAL VIGNERONS EN CULTURE BIO-DYNAMIQUE. In 1998, the members judged it essential to determine, in practical terms, the fundamental principles that any wine producing property must respect in order to be able to describe itself as a biodynamic operation. A specific set of specifications for the growing of vines and vinification was therefore established, excluding the use of all oenological products that aim to modify the grapes’ initial balance and neutralize the effect of vintages, with a view to preserving all of the potential of the “terroir” in the wine and retaining the energy capital acquired by the biodynamic farming of the vines. In order for inspections to be as objective as possible, the Union decided to entrust them to an independent body, ECOCERT SAS France, which checks that each member property respects the viticulture and vinification requirements. After four years of conversion to biodynamic agriculture, the SIVCBD issues official BIODYVIN approval to members that have been inspected during this period. All SIVCBD domains’ member are therefore AB certified by an inspection body and BIODYVIN by the SIVCBD following the Ecocert SAS France control.
The European regulation on organic farming covers not only the production and processing but also the control and packaging of organic food. A product may claim the word ‘organic’ when the rules specific to organic production defined in one of the regulations recognized by the European Community are complied with, and the operator has obtained a valid certificate for that product. To this end, each operator undertakes to be controlled at each stage of the production chain by an independent third party accredited according to the ISO 65 standard, such as ECOCERT. Our Spanish wines are certified by the regional organization CAECyL, Public Control Authority for Organic Production of Castilla y León, itself mandated by the Spanish National Accreditation Body.
BIODYNAMICS WORKS FOR: feed the earth and men, respect the living, the rhythms and the terroir, strengthen soil life and plant health, create balanced farm property. Demeter is a reference to the Greek Goddess of grain and fertility. The Demeter certification program was established in 1928, and as such was the first ecological label for organically produced foods. Demeter products have a double certification: they are controlled and certified organic according to the European specifications and according to the Demeter specifications. Demeter biodynamic certification is used in over 50 countries, it guarantees the respect of the biodynamic principles on farm property and during the transformation of the products.
Ratings "Monier de la Sizeranne 2013 Red"
R. Parker - Wine Advocate - 92/100
"The 2013 Hermitage La Sizeranne is gorgeous and might just be the best vintage of this cuvee to date, when all is said and done. Offering beautiful minerality in its cassis, black raspberry, crushed rock, and licorice aromas and flavors, it’s medium to full-bodied and has plenty of tannin and integrated acidity -- all of which will allow it to drink nicely for 10-15 years. They’ve been experimenting with the elevage for this cuvee and it’s paying off."
Vinous - 92/100
"Inky ruby. Intensely aromatic cherry and dark berry aromas are complemented by hints of licorice, peppery spices and cola. Deeply concentrated but taut dark fruit flavors show a suave blend of power and vivacity, and a mineral nuance adds lift. Gains heft and sweetness on the clinging finish, which features a smoky mineral quality and fine-grained tannins that come on slowly."
In the Rhone Valley, or through the most beautiful regions of France and the world, the Maison M. CHAPOUTIER lets the terroir express itself.
deep garnet red, with purplish lights.
red fruit (rapberry, blackcurrant), with a hint of liquorice.
good attack, round and elegant wine with concentrated and gentle tannins.
The final is on blackcurrant, raspberry and spicy (pepper) aromas when it is young.
Sommelier's advice: Venison fillet in red wine sauce.
Mature "Saint Félicien" cheese.
Hand harvesting at optimal maturity.
Our Hermitage “Monier de la Sizeranne” comes from a blending of different soils from West to East:
• “les Bessards”: from a granitic origin, it constitutes the “soul” of a good Hermitage.
• “le Méal”: old alluvial terraces, with a lot of gravels and shingles more or less calcareous.
• “les Greffieux”: silty soil with shingles.
Entirely destemmed, the grapes ferment
in concrete tanks.
From one to two daily treadings ensure
a good extraction. Temperature varies
between 30 and 33°C.
18 months ageing, 85% of which takes place in oak barrels, giving the wine its notes of oak. The remaining 15% is aged in concrete tanks to preserve minerality and freshness.