The European regulation on organic farming covers not only the production and processing but also the control and packaging of organic food. A product may claim the word ‘organic’ when the rules specific to organic production defined in one of the regulations recognized by the European Community are complied with, and the operator has obtained a valid certificate for that product. To this end, each operator undertakes to be controlled at each stage of the production chain by an independent third party accredited according to the ISO 65 standard, such as ECOCERT. Our Spanish wines are certified by the regional organization CAECyL, Public Control Authority for Organic Production of Castilla y León, itself mandated by the Spanish National Accreditation Body.
Ratings "Les Meysonniers 2018 Red"
Jancis Robinson - 15/20
Jeb Dunnuck - 91-93/100
R. Parker - Wine Advocate - 90-92/100
Vinous - 91-93/100
In the Rhone Valley, or through the most beautiful regions of France and the world, the Maison M. CHAPOUTIER lets the terroir express itself.
red fruits, blackcurrant and raspberry, followed by violet aromas.
ample and round, final of stewed fruits and vanilla.
Sommelier's advice: All meats and poultry. Cooked pork meats. All cheeses
Syrah. Our red Crozes-Hermitage “Les Meysonniers” comes from the vines which are at least 25 years old.
The grapes are hand-harvested at maturity.
South facing slopes. The soil consists of a mixture of clay, pebbles and gravel. The alluvial terroir of Crozes-Hermitage was formed by terraces from the Rhône and Isère rivers.
Our Crozes-Hermitage is vinified traditionally with punching down and pumping over taking place in concrete tanks. This wine is made from organically grown grapes. The exclusion of all chemical products (in particular herbicides), and the ploughing of the vineyards, enables the vine to plunge its root system deep down into the heart of the soil. Deeper root systems make the vine’s physiological behavior more even, and provide better resistance to sudden and variable weather conditions. As to the wines, a more subtle balance and a pronounced minerality set this wine apart from other Crozes-Hermitage wines produced from this sedimentary soil. Vinification and ageing in concrete tanks enhances the subtlety of the balance.
Around 12 months ageing. 85% of which takes place in concrete tanks to preserve the freshness and minerality of the fruit. The remaining 15% is aged in barrel which gives the wine consistency and power, along with aromatic complexity.