Les Bécasses 2020
Rhône Valley - Côte-Rôtie
Item no longer available
Appearance: deep purplish red.
Nose: raspberry, hint of violet, predominant of spices, a touch of black olive and “tapenade”, rosemary.
Palate: ample and deep, woody, spicy and vanilla final.
Sommelier's advice: Small game (pheasant, duck) Tender, red meat Dishes in red wine sauces Soft cheeses
Grape variety/varieties: Syrah.
Harvest: The grapes are entirely hand-harvested at maturity.
Soil: The soil is composed of chlorite and ferruginous mica-schist blending in loess depressions. The soil is also made up of schist on the South and Southeast slopes, allowing the Syrah to express itself with tremendous power and great elegance with its lovely floral notes.
Vinification: After destemming, the grapes go into concrete tanks. Daily punching (pigeage) ensures a good extraction of colour and tannins. The temperature does not exceed 33°C. Fermentation lasts between 3 and 4 weeks depending on the vintage. For fermentation, we decided to use indigenous yeasts to allow our terroirs to begin expressing themselves from this key stage in the winemaking process.
Ageing: Ageing lasts 14-16 months. 80% of the wine is aged in oak barrels with a majority of new wood. The remaining 20% are aged in stainless steel vats which allows us to preserve the purity of the fruit and the floral notes, which are a distinctive feature of great Côte-Rôtie wines.
Alcohol content: 14.5