Monier de la Sizeranne 2014
Rhône Valley - Hermitage
Oeil : deep garnet red, with purplish lights.
Nez : red fruit (rapberry, blackcurrant), with a hint of liquorice.
Bouche : good attack, round and elegant wine with concentrated and gentle tannins. The final is on blackcurrant, raspberry and spicy (pepper) aromas when it is young.
Les conseils du Sommelier : Venison fillet in red wine sauce. Beef rosted. Mature "Saint Félicien" cheese.
Cépage(s) : Syrah.
Vendanges : Hand harvesting at optimal maturity.
Sol : Our Hermitage “Monier de la Sizeranne” comes from a blending of different soils from West to East: • “les Bessards”: from a granitic origin, it constitutes the “soul” of a good Hermitage. • “le Méal”: old alluvial terraces, with a lot of gravels and shingles more or less calcareous. • “les Greffieux”: silty soil with shingles.
Vinification : Entirely destemmed, the grapes ferment in concrete tanks. From one to two daily treadings ensure a good extraction. Temperature varies between 30 and 33°C.
Elevage : 18 months ageing, 85% of which takes place in oak barrels, giving the wine its notes of oak. The remaining 15% is aged in concrete tanks to preserve minerality and freshness.
Degré d’alcool : 13.5